Megafortress is the brainchild of New York-based experimental pop musician Bill Gillim. His self-titled debut on Software and Mexican Summer (home to previous Band of the Day Oneohtrix Point Never) is awaiting release on January 31st, and judging from this track we’re excited to hear it. His gently obscured falsetto is reminiscent of Justin Vernon of Bon Iver, and he completes the track with a simple arrangement including electronic steel drums and rainsticks. Fader also dubbed his music as “the most beautifully inward, fetal position-inducing music imaginable”.
And on that note, check out the video for “Green Child below” by Grant Nitsch.
- ashien-sanders reblogged this from greatescapefestival
- micromassive reblogged this from megafortress
- micromassive likes this
- ihavenoneedforgoodsouls likes this
- strangefire likes this
- megafortress reblogged this from greatescapefestival
- hpolleyphotography likes this
- franiefroufrou reblogged this from greatescapefestival and added:
- franiefroufrou likes this
- greatescapefestival posted this
'BRIGHTON'S ANSWER TO SOUTH BY SOUTHWEST FESTIVAL'