Grimes is the moniker of Claire Boucher from Vancouver, Canada. Her experience as a performer is deeply embedded in the illegal DIY loft culture of Montreal, where Grimes relocated to in 2006 and became one of the prominent figures in the scene surrounding Lab Synthèse – a 4600sq ft re-appropriated textile factory. She developed in a scene where punk ethos and pop music collide, resulting in a distinct sense of community, religiosity and psychedelic revelry.
The track here, “Vanessa” is from the Darkbloom EP released last May, a split-EP with fellow experimental Canadian producer D’Eon.
- musicboxdeluxe reblogged this from grimes-claireboucher
- oneirovasia likes this
- radaba likes this
- eunuch-provocateur likes this
- chimpanzeechatrooms reblogged this from grimes-claireboucher
- chimpanzeechatrooms likes this
- castleycrystal likes this
- m00gisl0ve likes this
- grimes-claireboucher reblogged this from greatescapefestival
- grimes-claireboucher likes this
- greatescapefestival posted this
'THE CANNES OF THE MUSIC WORLD'
--Steve Lamacq BBC 6 Music