Tall Ships, originally from Falmouth but now living in Brighton, have been garnering attention across the blogosphere, printed press and radio with their complex, layered and beautiful soundscapes and intelligent songwriting to create music that still manages to have the potential for mass appeal.
Elements of math rock and angular pop have drawn inevitable comparisons to the likes of Battles and Minus The Bear but the band cite the likes of Sigur Rós, Prince and Explosions In The Sky as their musical influences. Regardless of influences, they’re fast gaining a well-deserved reputation as one of the most innovative and exciting live bands in the UK right now.
Their first 7” single “Hit The Floor” was released (and instantly sold out!) early last year and we’re excited to hear the release of their first single today, “T=0” from their debut album. Listen to the stream here.
- lecklecks reblogged this from thistmblrisbetterthanyourlife
- brokenmusicbox reblogged this from greatescapefestival
- spontaneityhappens likes this
- michaelreganblog reblogged this from greatescapefestival and added:
- clairefleming likes this
- 21684011789191 likes this
- ceebear likes this
- distanceetc reblogged this from loveallmaroon and added:
- phi-losophies likes this
- thistmblrisbetterthanyourlife reblogged this from greatescapefestival and added:
- thistmblrisbetterthanyourlife likes this
- hwfm likes this
- greatescapefestival posted this
'BRIGHTON'S ANSWER TO SOUTH BY SOUTHWEST FESTIVAL'